After upgrade to Apples new iOS 11 Photos on iPhone or iPad, many iphone users are finding that the photo are not uploading to iCloud Photo Library like they're supposed to be. In the iCloud library settings and in the photos app at the bottom it says "50 Items to Upload" and it keeps going up. The update doest not seems to end for photo upload from iPhone. The issue is seen commonly after user makes upgrade to iOS 11.
iPad user also update to iOS 11 on iPad Pro and the Photos app is stuck on "Updating". There is no photos showing up or anything. Similarly in the new iOS 11 Updating people in iOS 11 Photos takes forever.
To fix iPhone stuck in updating photos please try below possible fix:
Fix 1: Try plugging in your phone and leaving it
Make sure it is connected to a power source and the phone is locked, meaning it is not in use by you.
So leaving it connected overnight, as long as it is able to access the internet is all that is required.
Fix 2: Turn iCloud library ON/OFF
Turn off and on iCloud Photo Library. This should fix the issue and update the stuck upload of photos to iCloud library.
Or you may try detailed steps:
1. turn off iCloud photo library. remove or download photos depending on which ones are already saved on your other devices.
2. forget your home network (setting->wifi->choose home network->"forget this network"
3. turn off wifi
4. power device of and then turn back on.
5. connect to wifi (home network)
6. turn on iCloud photo library
Hope this helps you to fix the issue.